Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lucy

I realized that its been a while since I did any real writing about Lucy and what shes been up to. Lately everything has been Jenna and while I think that is appropriate I also know that Lucy has been up to quite a bit and I don't want to forget this phase of her life. Or miss the chance to brag about my firstborn.
Huge fan of raspberry jam.
Lucy is 22 months old and potty-trained.(HOORAY!) Almost. I can't claim that she fully potty-trained because she is in pull-ups at night. Just night, not nap time. Also, she still has an accident here or there, but for the most part, she tells us when she needs to go, with kind of an urgent whisper of "potty! potty!", even when swimming and cheers for herself just about every time. I'm so proud. (and relieved. 2 kids in diapers? no thank you!)
She LOVES her "baby Jenna", which is how she refers to her 99% of the time. And if people say "Do you love your little sister?" She says "her names baby Jenna." She must kiss her whenever she sees her and is very sweet and kind. If ever we say "lets get ready to go to ___" She says "and baby Jenna come?" She doesn't hit her or hurt her ever. She only tried to pick her up once, but I was right there to put the kabosh on that. All in all, the transition was s-m-o-o-t-h.
Lucy is a bright little girl. She knows her ABC's, song and all, and can recognize 10 letters that I've counted. She can spell her name, and thinks she can write it. She'll scribble and say "L-U-C-Y". So cute. She counts to 15 (somtimes all the way to 20, but she hasn't mastered 16-17-18-19 yet). Shes mastered her colors. She knows her basic shapes and can pick them out easily. She can even tell rectangle from square and oval from circle. Theres an ipad game that helped her learn that. She sings along to a cd I burned that has Sara Barellis "love song" and knows alot of the words. Its so funny. She can sing a handful of primary songs beginning to end including "I love to see the temple" and "I am a child of God". She loves "her class"(nursery) at church and is starting to make friends. She has also recently mastered taking 1 piece of bread during sacrament, instead of 1 handful. She loves to be read to and now sits through entire books, looking at the pictures and listening. I also find her back by her book shelf "reading" books to herself.
I just love her curls.
She loves her cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents. We are so lucky to live by our family where we can spend lots of time together. When they were all (the spjutes) gone to the Coast this year, we were driving and she said "I love Emmy mom." And then proceeded to name off EVERY SINGLE member of our family that was gone including "uncle Waynebo" and proclaimed her love for them. Her cousins are her best friends and her grandparents can do no wrong. She has an extra special place in her heart for her grandpas (what is it about grandpas and there grand-daughters?), but loves her grandmas to pieces too. We love our family!

Lucy is becoming quite the dancer. It is especially hilarious when you tell her to shake her bum. She gets kind of low and uses her hips to their full potential. She also has some amazing "Irish kicks" that she learned how to do from Sesame Street.  I love dancing with her because she tries to mimic whatever I'm doing, and its really entertaining.

Some of the funny things she says or has said:
Thats amazing mom.
Yes dear.
Your welcome so much.
I love it! (when we say we're going somewhere)
I'm so sited (excited)
I'm so naked. (after baths)
Lemme try.

I love my Lucy so much. The first couple weeks after having Jenna I was really sad that I had lost my all day one-on-one time with her, (I think it was partially crazy hormones). I still do my best to find lots of time for Lucy. Just today we played with her princesses and danced in the playroom. Sometimes I still miss when it was just us two, but that doesn't mean I'm not completely smitten with Jenna. I mean look at her?
Jenna-6 weeks
 I'm sad to see Lucy growing up so fast, but I am loving this stage. She is a little person with her own
 opinions and ideas. What should we have for dinner? "sgettabetti". Hee hee. Anyway, this post was mostly for my journaling because I know before I know it she'll be a teenager and driving me bananas. But for now, shes my perfect little girl who will always have a special place in my heart. Shes the one who made me a mother. 

Brand new Lucy.

1 comment:

Kevin+Ashley said...

We've had two in diapers for almost a year!! And we will have two still for at least another six months I'm sure. I'm so jealous! Good job.