Friday, August 15, 2008

Wigs and Sandy Point

We found these hideodeous wigs in my moms closet last weekend, so we had to have a bit of a fashion show.
Nice Wayne.
My beautiful grandma-husband.
Hello gorgeous.
Who knows what I was doing, but this looks like an awesome mullet.
Later that day we went to Sandy Point. I hadn't been there in forever. We took a picnic and had a blast. Johnny stayed in the raft most the time because the water was pretty darn cold.
Heidi and dad in front of the fountain. It was sweet, first we threw the frisbee in the fountain to see how far it would fly, then we tried the volleyball, and then we mastered the art and threw the tube in. It was so fun.

Liv got in the water for about ten minutes and was freezing, so she got out and laid on her towel in the sand. About five minutes later she was sleeping.

It looks like Wayne is holding Gavin by his legs, but really he's just getting ready to catch him. He had Gavin going so high, and Gavin loved it.

Grandma and Gavin.

Jake decided he needed water wings. We had to deflate them, yank them up his arms and then blew the tiniest bit of air back into them. Needless to say, they did not keep him afloat.

Jake leaves on his mission in 3 days! I can't believe it. I am so excited for him and can't wait to hear about all his adventures. I will miss him tons though!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

OK, those wigs are sick and wrong!

Anonymous said...

Kaylene-
HELLO! Eden Bates Beus here...I was blog hopping and discovered yours through Sherstine's.
The posts of your beautiful grandma husband and the nice mullet are seriously the funniest thing I've seen in a while! I was laughing out loud...so loud in fact my son came over and said, "what Mom?"...MULLETTS are funny any way but the wig mullett...that is HILARIOUS! I may have to frequent your blog for a good and hearty chuckle every now and then! Good to "see" you!