Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween! (story from Johnny)


I hope everyone is excited for Halloween this year! I have a good Halloween story to tell you.

We found out yesterday that Lucy has thrush (but she is doing well). The nephews and nieces were over at Kaylene's parents' home because they went trick-or-treating at Kaylene's dad's work. I met Kaylene and Lucy at her parents' house after work, and got to see all the costumes. Kaylene's sister Erika (who is pregnant) dressed up as a gumball machine. She had cut out paper circles and syran wrapped them to her round stomach.

After we had spent some time hanging out, Kaylene and I parted ways. She drove home, while I went to the local Albertson's to get a prescription to help out Kaylene and Lucy. I walked in, taking note of some of the crazies who had decided that they were going to dress up and go out on the town a day early. There were a bunch of early 20-somethings that looked like they were all going to the same costume party who were getting a snack or beverage to bring to their party.

I walked past all of them to the pharmacy counter, still not having decided what I was going to dress up as for Halloween. Maybe I could get a few ideas.

I went up and asked the pharmacy tech if the prescriptions were in, and she started asking me a bunch of questions without even looking up from her computer. I gave her the information she needed, handed her my insurance card, and she told me to go have a seat. I went and sat down, and happened to catch my reflection in a mirror on the reading glasses turn table. This is what I saw:



While I was over at Kaylene's parents' house, I had put one of the gumballs on my forehead to be funny for the kids. Because Kaylene and I left without saying goodbye to each other, she hadn't noticed that the gumball was on my head. I am glad that it was close to Halloween so that people didn't think I was a total crazy, but I was surprised that I didn't even get a glance as I was coming into the store. I passed many people, including children, and none of them even gave me a second glance.

I guess I am that scary anyway...

Happy Halloween!

No comments: