Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lucy Spjute... I mean Waite!

Lately people have been telling me that "Lucy is such a Spjute!". It is usually accompanied by laughter ( not sure what to think of that). From the day she was born I have heard "Lucy looks exactly like you," and being that she is super cute, I couldn't help but agree. It seems that the Spjute gene is a bit stronger than the Waite gene in her case. She definitely has Johnny's chin (you just wanna grab it, and I do), his ears, and his long fingers. But that large head, those big blue eyes, and that fuzzy blond hair (which resembles my dad's in quantity), is definitely the swedish Spjute coming out in her. My in-laws say that when she scowls she looks like grandpa Spjute, which definitely comes from my grandpa Spjute, Lucy's great-grandpa. I love it. So, what do you think? Is Lucy more of a Spjute or a Waite? (in looks of coarse.) Don't worry, Lucy has Waite cousins that definitely look like Waites and they are super cute too, maybe our next one will look more like a Waite!

2 comments:

Val said...

She may be a Waite on paper, but I'd have to say she definitely has the looks of a Spjute, with a little Johnny on the side.

Terance-N-Jaime said...

I have to agree with the crowd. She is strong Spjute. I constantly hear the opposite. Everyone says Dawnley looks like Terance. :-( His mom says she looks like him when she scowls & like me when she smiles. I'll take that. Thing is - we've looked at our baby pictures & as a baby she doesn't look like either of us! :-) Lucy is a doll! Can't believe she's eating foods already!