Monday, May 3, 2010

1st Annual Mortensen Derby Party

My sister Sherstine and her husband Wayne lived in Kentucky for 4 years while Wayne made his way through dental school. They've been back for almost a year and have decided to bring a little Kentucky back with them to good old Boise, Idaho.
I'm always up for a party, especially one where you get to dress up! The whole Waite family got into it! Johnny is wearing my Grandpa Bernard's police hat and he fashioned a horse and jockey to the top. His craft skills continue to amaze me. I found Lucy a hat at the dollar store and derbied it up! As for mine, well I think there's a tie between whether my hat or my hair do was more awesome.

All the ladies in their glorious hats!
No animals were killed in the making of this hat.
Ooh la la!
I was this years winner for best Derby hat!! I get to keep the roses until next year's party. Lucky me!
Later that day Heidi went to her senior prom. She looked beautimus!This is my dad. Not her date.

1 comment:

Missy said...

What a fun tradition!!! Your hat is AH-MAZE-ING!!!!