I love President Uchtdorf. Not only is he a "beautiful man" (as my mom would say), but there is something about his voice that makes me feel like I am having a deep conversation with my Heavenly Father. It hits me every time. I wait impatiently for his turn during conferences and I flip through magazines for talks by him. He has such a wonderful way with words and such a powerful spirit, I think I can count on one hand (and with one finger) the times I haven't cried when listening to him speak. His talks comfort me in the moments I need them the most. After I had a miscarriage there was a talk about our divine purpose that soothed my aching heart. When my husband was out of a job for 9 months he spoke of the power of hope and I felt peace. Maybe this love for him has something to do with him coming to our Stake when my dad got released as Stake President and meeting him in person and singing his favorite song with my family for him. Maybe. All I know is that I feel my Savior's love when he speaks. And I can't get enough.
Watch this video. It is beautiful.
See what I mean???
No comments:
Post a Comment