Johnny turned 30 this month. Did you hear that?
30. Its makin' me feel old and a little embarrassed that I still feel like a kid, even though I have two of them myself. Any who, we couldn't just do the same old shindig that we do every year and since Johnny is not easily surprised I decided to take on the task of throwing him a surprise birthday bash. It was great! With the help of a very sneeky friend (who was able to get Johnny away while we got ready (at my parents), and made sure "the package" was delivered at the right time, thanks Perry!), and the simple fact that the only day that would work was a whole 2 weeks before his birthday, he was definitely surprised.
 |
| "Face the cookie' |
 |
| "Noodling Around" |
 |
| Can't remember what this one is called. How about: "Get dizzy" |
 |
| "Stack Attack" |
 |
| I saved "Junk in the Trunk" for the birthday boy. Look how skinny that guy is, sheesh. |
 |
| My friend Val made this awesome cake. |
I made Johnny's shirt. the front says: Made in 1981 and the back says: Thirty never looked so good!
On Johnny's actual birthday, I made dinner for about 13 people and then we had ice cream cake and presents. I can't seem to find those pictures though. I could make a list of 30 things I love about Johnny. but the bottom line is that he is the BEST guy I know. He takes such good care of me and the girls and he never complains when I ask him to do something. Never. I love him and am so glad I married him!
Eight days after Johnny's real birthday (Oct. 2) was Lucy's birthday (Oct.10) Grandma and grandpa Waite were going to be out of town for the party so we celebrated with them on the 3rd.
 |
| Watching the cupcakes get closer and closer. |
 |
| Lucy LOVES her grandpa Waite. Hes pretty partial to her too. |
 |
| Lucy and Liv at the family party (Oct 9) |
 |
| We made a rainbow out of cupcakes. Lucy loved it. |
 |
| Her first Barbie! She can hardly contain herself. |
 |
| 2 years old. |
 |
| So, this is hilarious. After everyone left, I realized we never got a family picture, so we set the timer on the camera and tried to get one. Lucy was pretty beat at this point and didn't want anything to do with it. And look closely, Jenna's totally barfing. This is classic. |
The next day (her actual birthday) we had a few friends and cousins come over for a little birthday play date. The kids each made their own little pizzas on Pillsbury biscuit dough and we had leftover cupcakes from the night before, the kids played and watched part of a movie. It was fun, and crazy.
 |
| The crew. Minus Ruby and Claire, they were still eating I think. |
 |
| We came down and found Lucy like this: covered in tissue paper watching the movie. Hilarious. |
 |
| Birthday girl and dad. |
 |
That night we went out to dinner just the four of us. Lucy's favorite part of course was getting her own cup.
| | | |
|
|
Lucy was super excited to get a new cousin that she now shares a birthday with. Can't wait to meet little Virginia "Ginny" Waite.
WHEW! We are a little partied out. I think we may just skip my birthday coming up in 3 weeks... yeah right!
No comments:
Post a Comment