Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Week At A Glance

Last Saturday we went to Grandma Spjute's for the annual Easter egg hunt and to celebrate Uncle Dave's birthday. It was good times as it usual. Sunday morning at 7:00a.m. Johnny and I sang in an Easter Program with the Institute at the Temple. It was wonderful, but freezing because it was outside!
Monday was my mom's birthday. Johnny and I made her this cake. It's not quite as fabulous as last year's four-layered, but I think it turned out cute.Mom got an ipod for her birthday! She was so excited. I think everyone in our family has one. Oops, except Sherstine. (hee,hee.)
Tuesday for date night we went to the park to try out Johnny's new kite that I got him for Easter. As you can tell, it is HUGE. We didn't have much luck getting her to fly. We'll try another day when there is more wind. So, we went for a bike ride on the Green Belt instead.
Wednesday we flew to Denver to visit Johnny's sister Margo(next to Johnny) and her family. It was a lot of fun. We got them addicted to Settlers of Catan, as we are known to do. While we were there we went to the Museum of Art & Science, went swimming at the Rec Center (which had an awesome slide), and went to the Denver Temple. We had a blast. Thanks Margo!
This is their cute dog Lucy who totally attached herself to me. Johnny would try to call her over and she'd just run right to me. It was pretty funny.
While we were there,we put together an entire 1,000 piece puzzle with their family. You'd think we just sat around and worked on it for 4 days, but we really didn't. We're just that good.
This morning before Margo took us to the airport, we did a little shopping. She took us to a cute little store called Lucy. I would compare it to Boise's See Jane Run store downtown. They have cute and comfy running clothes, and everyday stuff too.
This is the cute shirt I got there. I love it! And I love that my toes are in this picture! It was a long week, but we sure had fun! Johnny is back to school on Monday...

1 comment:

Terance-N-Jaime said...

Hey! Tell your mom Happy Birthday. What you can't just up & take a trip to Hawaii for my wedding? ;-) Well - we'll still have a reception here - so you can come to that. :-) I've got you guys added to my blogpage so I can check up on all of you!! Yepee!!