I just found out yesterday that my aunt LuAnn has terminal cancer with a matter of months to live, maybe a year. She is the mother of my cousin Lindsey who passed away six months ago on her mission in England. She's in her mid fifties. I'm in shock. It seems so unfair. She also has a son on a mission, he was out when Linz died. He has 3 months left on his mission, but he'll be home sooner than that now. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to find out about this. I don't know what my cousins and uncle are going through, but I am hurting. One of their daughters has been living in Japan for the last year or so with her two boys and husband. So far away. It just really stinks. And it really hurts. I have been thinking alot about this and all of the questions come flooding in. Why them? Why so soon after Linz? It makes me upset and angry, but also reflective and greatful. I am so thankful for the gospel and the promises that Heavenly Father has made to us. Promises HE WILL KEEP. I have always looked up to my aunt and uncle and their family, more than any of the others. They are so happy, so righteous, so good. It's in times like these that your true colors shine, and are they ever shining. Once again, they are the ones to comfort us. To reassure my faith and strengthen my testimony. I stole this scripture from one of my cousins blogs and I've been holding on to it, with all my might:
"Believe in God; believe that He is, and that He created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that He has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." Mosiah 4:9
I do believe, and now it's time to have faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment