Friday, March 26, 2010

It's official

I'm addicted. . .

ADDICT or ADDICTION:

  • being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is habit-forming
  • an abnormally strong craving
  • someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction
  • to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent
. . . to this little girl
From the sleepy little newborn who only wanted to cuddle and eat.

To the spunky sassy 1/2 year old who makes me laugh. Every. Single. Day.


I am dependent on the huge smile I get when I peek into her crib in the morning; and the way she digs her face into my neck when I pick her up. Definitely couldn't live without it. And even when she cries and screams with that high-pitched screech, I am completely tolerant. Most of the time I giggle.

I love the way she smiles and gets squirmy when she knows its time to take a bath, and I crave the way she smells afterward when I lather her up with lotion.

I am so ardently devoted to her and am completely in awe that I get to be in her life forever. Yes!

So whether I am addicted to Lucy or to being a mother in general, time will tell.

But she's pretty special.


p.s. No intervention needed.

3 comments:

Val said...

just the way it should be!

Darci and Ryan said...

Love being a mom! She looks like Liv in the pic in her dress. So cute!

the mortensen's said...

what is amazing is that she looks nothing like her newborn pictures!