Monday, May 2, 2011

Whats in a name?

So, with just over 2 months left in this pregnancy, the clock is ticking and we are undecided between two names for this little girly. Normally I would not do a poll, because It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, but we are really torn (well, me one way, and Johnny another), but we also both like both names. I put up a poll to the right, so take a sec to vote and help us out a bit.
Here are the details:
Most of my family likes Jenna, except Grandam and Lisa who love Ivy.
We don't have a middle name picked out for Jenna. (But I like Ilene.)
The people I work with in primary love Ivy.
Lucy can say both names really well.
I think "Lucy and Jenna" sound better than "Lucy and Ivy"
Jenna means "little bird" - I love that!

Ivy means "a vine"


Also, leave a comment if you have a good middle name for Jenna!

7 comments:

Denae said...

I have a friend who has twin girls named Jenna and Lucy so I would agree that those two names go together really well. You have a such a cute little family I love following your blog!

Marissa and Jim said...

Ok this is probably because it is my middle name, but I like Jenna Lynn. It has a nice ring to it.

the mortensen's said...

nay to poison ivy;)
Jenna Paige, or Jenna July. bwahahaha!

angela said...

I vote for Jenna and for the middle name I still like Ruth......Jenna Ruth. I love it, kinda has a ring to it.

the mortensen's said...

p.s. Johnny kind of looks like he is trying to hold in a flarty in that picture

The Hodges said...

Our vote is for Jenna as well, but Paul says his vote is for Gertrude. :) or Gertie for short.

Melanie said...

I voted for Jenna. I love the name Ivy but I don't love Lucy and Ivy together. . . I guess we think the same.