Last week we the Spjute clan went up to Alturas Lake at a church camp called Cabin Creek. It was so much fun! We hiked, walked, canoed, had campfires, s'mores, and slept in nice cabins. Lucy was in heaven. She loves to be outside. Her favorite thing to do was to climb onto rocks or logs (of various sizes) and jump off. She thought she was pretty cool. Her second favorite thing would have to be throwing rocks in the creek. There was a nice little creek up behind one of the cabins with a little bridge that went over. She could've sat there all day as long as we kept getting her rocks to throw. The last two nights there my uncles and dad built giant bonfires back in the woods (somehow I don't have pictures) they were awesome, with flames way higher than my head! One day while Johnny and Lucy were napping I went hiking with some of the fam up to a huge rock called Jack's Rock. The climb was way steeper than any 8 month pregnant woman should ever climb (and I thought I might die), but it was sure pretty at the top. All in all it was a great time and we were sad to leave. I was especially happy to getaway because the rest of my family is going to the Oregon coast while I'm having a baby! Anyway...Enjoy the HORDE of pictures I posted below.






2 comments:
The picture of Lucy in black and white on the stump is to die for. LOVE IT!!!!
I wish we could've been there even though it looks way too cold for a summer camping trip!
Post a Comment