My cousin Lindsey Spjute has been serving a mission in England. This morning we found out that she passed away. When my mom first told me I was crying so hard I couldn't catch my breath. Shortly thereafter Johnny and I decided to go to the temple. My main comfort I felt while there was that Lindsey was with Grandpa Spjute now who died 2 1/2 years ago. I felt peace but was still feeling such a huge loss.
Lindsey was the type of person who could make anyone smile. I seriously cannot remember ever seeing her mad or act rudely toward somebody else. She always had so much energy and zest for life. I love how much she loved to climb trees, and loved the outdoors. She was jogging through a forest when she died.
Recently the only contact I have had with her has been her weekly e-mails from the mission. She made the Lord's work not sound like work at all. She was truly enjoying helping other people come unto Christ. I had a smile on my face every time I read one of her letters
I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of the Plan of Salvation. What a comfort and joy it brings during such hard times! We will miss you so much Linz, but are so happy we will see you again.
CHEERS!
2 comments:
Heyy,I'm Rochelle
Your cousin, Lindsay, to me known as Sister Spjute served in my ward as her first ward. Stroud :)
What can I say, she was truly an amazing person. She has made such a difference in my life. We had so much fun when we were doing missionary work. We had a party with the missionaries for new year and she made me laugh so hard.
I found out at church yesterday about her death and i cant help but cry just thinking about it. And i didnt know her like you did. I can truly say she is amazing.
Anyways Much Love, and deepest sympathy,
Rochelle x
Hi,
my name is Kandice, and I knew lindsey from my student ward at Utah State. She was such a fun girl, and i didn't realize how much i really loved her until i heard the news this morning. I'm not in Utah and won't make it to any services, but I just wanted to somehow tell her family how many people loved her. She was such an amazing person, and she helped me so much without even realizing or trying, just being herself. Thanks so much for your blog. My thoughts are with you and all your family.
Post a Comment