Sunday, June 29, 2008

Playing Catch Up

A lot has been going on these past few weeks and it's time to blog about it. Johnny and I were in the Institute's production of Rob Gardner's Joseph Smith, The Prophet. It was a really good experience. Johnny played the part of John Taylor and had two major solos. I think most who read my blog already know how amazing Johnny's voice is, but if you don't, you definitely need to listen to this video. He was incredible and had so many compliments on it. I was so proud of him. A really cool thing was that Rob Gardner came and directed us. He's only 30 years old and blew me away with his talent. It was such an awesome experience and one that I will never forget.
(The sound isn't that great on this recording and you can't really see Johnny, just his heavenly glow.)



On June 17th my sister Sherstine and her family came to town. They live in Kentucky where my brother-in-law Wayne is in his last year of dental school. This is my nephew Gavin. He's almost five months old and is SO cute, as you can plainly see.
This is my niece Livia. She is such a little corker and so sassy! In this picture she is wearing her super Livi shirt that has a pink cape. She loves to jump on the trampoline at grandma and grampas.
Gavin is ready to go see Uncle Jake's softball game.
Go uncle Jake!
Livi loves her little brother so much,(sometimes too much). She loves to grabs his face and squeeze him tight. It's pretty cute.

I made this cute clock with help from my best friend Val. She had all the stuff for it and I just came over and made it. Her husband Perry is Johnny's 1st counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency and they do visits every Wednesday , so I go over there and play with Ruby and do fun stuff like this. Thanks Val!Johnny's brother Nate and his family came in town for a few days and we got to spend time with them. They are lots of fun to be around.
Nate and his cute wife Melissa.
Johnny's dad and Nate's son Ephrem.
We like to call Corbin Johnny's clone. What do you think?
I think this picture of Johnny's parents is so cute! They are such great people and are so generous and caring. A bit of exciting news we just found out yesterday, Wenden has been called as the new Boise, Idaho Temple President, with Laura as temple matron. They will be awesome. What an exciting new endeavor! Wenden has been serving as 1st counselor in the Temple presidency for the past 3 years.

Whew! That was alot of blogging! Our summer is starting out great and we are excited for things to come. We're headed to the Oregon Coast in 2 weeks!

3 comments:

casa chandler said...

i miss hearing Johnny's amazing voice! wish we could have made it to the Joseph production but heard it was awesome and can tell we really missed out just from watching the video.
-rachael

natalie Simmons said...

Kaylene, I love your blog. I miss all of you tons, and wish I could have been there for the Joseph production!! Shertine's kiddos are so adorable, I would love to see you all, so tell them hello.
lOveS
Natalie S

Zach Richardson said...

miss you!!